Coordinator, Communications and Events
Be a part of Canada’s #1 charity devoted to our Olympic Athletes and high-performance sport and help take Sport Philanthropy to the next level. The Canadian Olympic Foundation (Foundation) is a national charitable organization created by the Canadian Olympic Committee (COC). The Foundation’s Mission is to generate philanthropic support to meet the technical, scientific, medical, and coaching needs of Canada’s high performance sport system and assist Canada’s athletes in becoming ambassadors for sport, healthy living and the pursuit of excellence across the nation. Together we shall strive.
The Coordinator, Communications and Events is a dynamic individual who supports stakeholder relations through external communications and events on behalf for the Foundation. Reporting to the Manger, Stewardship and Donor Engagement, the Coordinator, Communications and Events is organized, hardworking, a great communicator, and takes pride in accuracy. With a keen interest in sport, this individual will effectively demonstrate impact and engage the Foundation’s audience through written, digital, and experiential means.
This position will be located in the COC office in Toronto, ON at 250 Yonge St. Suite 3000. We offer a hybrid work model that allows for up to three days of remote work each week.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND PRIORITIES
- Coordinate the development of communications and content for various donor audiences with a focus on stewardship, impact reporting, fund generation, direct mail solicitations, speaking notes, and new donor engagement
- Assist in the development and execution of the Foundation’s digital and social media strategy
- Help find new opportunities to raise brand awareness for the Foundation, engage new donors, and raise funds while always ensuring alignment with the COC brand and messaging
- Create and leverage content through a philanthropic lens for various audiences including annual and major donors, Athletes, volunteers, and social media followers
- Express a strong and consistent voice through effective and authentic storytelling across a variety of communications channels that inspires support, facilitating French translation where required
- Support the creation and execution of events and bespoke engagement opportunities aligned with departmental objectives including creating cross-enterprise plans, briefing documents, speaking notes and related materials
- Plan and execute event logistics in adherence with the identified budget while maximizing strategic touches and meeting core objectives
- Collaborate on activities and projects with the COC, especially with its Communications, Digital, Brand, Marketing Partnerships, and Sport departments
- Maintain industry and sectorial awareness of new approaches and trends in non-profit and philanthropic communications and digital delivery
- Support website and digital content creation including writing articles, making updates, monitoring and ensuring the website is user-friendly, informative, inspiring to potential donors and reflects current activities
- Other duties, as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND CRITICAL SKILLS
Education and Experience
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent
- 1-3 years of communications experience in a fast-paced professional or not-for-profit environment
- Demonstrated talent for digital, social media, analytics, and the preparation of compelling communications
- Previous experience with a fundraising organization is an asset
Skills and Abilities
- Strong communications skills, both verbal and written (candidates will be asked to provide a portfolio and complete a writing assignment)
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to balance several projects at the same time with strong attention to detail
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and works well independently as well as collaboratively
- Innovative, creative thinker and problem-solver
- Exercises tact and discretion in dealing with sensitive and confidential matters
- Ability to establish and maintain excellent working relationships with various internal and external colleagues/stakeholders
- Self-assured, polished, flexible and works well under pressure
- Advanced MS Office knowledge (Word, Excel, Power Point, Project, Outlook, Teams, etc.) and some familiarity with databases or CRM software
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills
- Bilingualism (French, English) is considered a strong asset
- Demonstrates and embodies the COC values of Accountability, Excellence, Fun, Respect and Bravery
Competitive salary based on experience, excellent benefits package.
Please send all cover letters and resumes by April 7, 2023 to email@example.com, citing the position title in the subject line. No telephone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The COC is committed to ensuring our recruitment and selection processes and work environment are inclusive and barrier-free. At the COC, we celebrate and welcome the diversity of all employees and believe that having a team of individuals with different backgrounds, views, experience and capability working together makes us stronger and better as an organization.
Accommodation is also available upon request for individuals taking part in all stages of our recruitment and selection processes. Please advise the recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs due to a disability are accommodated. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.